Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Acer Notebook?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:20 pm 

I recently bought an Acer TravelMate 5720G. On the first day of using it, there were graphical errors, such as black spots on the screen, weird lines and colour mix ups.

Not long after - I got the blue screen of death which told me my graphics driver was stuck in an infinite loop. This has happened to me three times now, and it cannot be fixed, nor has any official statement been released.

On the Taskbar down the bottom of the screen, sometimes I cannot expand the system tray, sometimes I can, YES I should be able to through the settings.

Also my startup folder sometimes opens two times over; some settings refuse to change; my fingerprint scanner, when prompting me to swipe my finger sometimes opens up 20 dialog boxes telling me to do so; my webcam cannot be found sometimes, my fingerprint scanning program sometimes uses 50% of my computer to run (on Dual Core2 2.2GHz) and changing options takes ages in some areas.

Don't need help - just post your opinions.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:20 am 

Send it back or reformat.

Post subject: Re: Acer Notebook?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:30 am 
Site Admin

You can RMA it if you still have warranty.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:47 pm 

Take it back to where you puchased it if you still can and try to get your money back. otherwise check the acer website for warranty service.

IMO anything Acer blows. Go with HP or a Systemax laptop.

Unlike the so-called expert Steve-P. Acer is not a quality product and there are tons of testimonials to back it up. Before you start claiming to be some kind of expert Steve and insulting other answers on this forum, learn to read and comprehend. This laptop was purchased just recently when the problems started so it was basically out of the box.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:30 pm 

I would reinstall the version of windows that you are using. Several options are available. Some laptops come with Restore Cd's. Some with a recovery partition. Some with just the Operating System disk. I would back up all your files, then restore it to the way it came out of the box. This is the easiest way to address all the problems you are having. Most likely you are running Vista Home Premium there should be a disc that you can put in your computer and boot off of to bring you to the installation options. I would recommend a fresh install to ensure all your old data is erased and your computer is at its factory defaults. Just like out of the box.

Don't listen to the people who say its Crap or send it back. Most of the time if its a software problem its not covered under the warranty. These people need to learn what they are talking about. By you fixing it yourself, you learn how to fix problems and learn not to be afraid of repairing your own computer. I was a The Easy Mobile Tech for Staples and the price for me to fix it would be at the very least $175. You can easily do this yourself for free. Good luck. Email me if any other questions. -----------Steven

So, g_insane here says that acer is crap. Thats his own opinion. Ive been in many corporate companies that uses Acers for there workstations and the sales people use the laptops for their on the road travels. No matter what computer you have something will go wrong. Its like a car. You have to maintain it and treat it well and it will usually last a while. Peoples reviews arnt always the best way to say a product is crap. Many people who write reviews dont have anything nice to say mainly because not many people will write about their good experiences. They rather write reviews on a product that failed. Keep that in mind.

I know many stores that wont take the laptop back after 2 weeks. Ive worked for them. Hopefully they let you return it if you are in their policy range Good luck in what ever you decide. However software issues are not under warrenty in many cases by the manufacturer.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]