Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Having problems with my Asus notebook, Can u help?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 am 

When I try to turn my notebook on it goes to the "Windows is starting" Screen and then after that it goes to a blue screen, and restarts on its own, and it goes again to the same "Windows is starting screen". Does anyone know what is causing this, or how can I make it work? I will trully appreciated.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:30 pm 

There is an error with your operating system. Boot a linux Live CD to backup your data to a external hard drive, then do a system restore on windows.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 am 

CAUTION: Before proceeding with any steps in this post, please read the caution information in the paragraph below. This will pay a critical role in the outcome of your computer.

When you are talking about this blue screen, you are talking about what you call the "Blue Screen Of Death". This indicates a critical error somewhere which has corrupted the OS or some other file that has to be executed in order to start the Windows OS. When you received the Asus Notebook, i am sure you received a system restore CD. If you would like to fix this error, you need to open the disk drive during the short period of time the computer is powered on and insert the system restore disk. ***CAUTION: THIS DISK WILL EXECUTE A FILE THAT WILL COMPLETELY WIPE THE SYSTEMS HARD DRIVE AND RESTORE IT BACK TO THE FACTORY DEFAULTS. IF YOU HAVE FILES THAT ARE NOT BACKED UP, THEY WILL BE LOST. When you power the computer back on, you need to re-setup the Windows OS to what you had it configured as before the system restore.

Hopefully This Helps,
Alex14rck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:30 am 

Could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new software, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes . From http://fixit.in/bluescreenofdeath.html . You can also run a free registry scan using utilities from http://re7.info

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]